Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lorna Praying

I want to make sure and capture this because Lorna is just growing up too fast and I know it will be gone before I know it.  In teaching Lorna to pray I spent some time thinking about what did I really want her to know/understand and how could I convey that to a little toddler.  So, what I decided on was:  What are you thankful for?  What do you want to ask God for?  I have been amazed at how she seems to have grasped this.  Each meal and before bed everything and anything has been prayed for and thanked and she is beginning to pray herself which I love hearing.  Uncle Paul while he was going through a rough rotation was prayed for every meal.  Her animals and dolls along with friends and family members have made the prayers.  But I think the one that made me tear up the most was when she wanted to thank God for Jesus and thank Jesus for loving her.  After she lifted her head she asked if I was okay because I was teary eyed.  Here she is in action.  Thank you Lord for these sweet moments and memories with our daughter!

2 comments: